2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What happened to 'Dynasets'? (Access 2002)

Although Access 2002 help files don't alude to the results of a "run" query as as dynaset, several of the earlier Access 2002 tomes I have as "excellent" references do say "the resulting dynaset". Please advise me where "dynasets" went to and/or does this term still apply i.e. when you view records in a table, you're looking at a "datasheet"; when you view records as a result of a query, you're looking at a "dynaset". Thanks in advance for any input.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: What happened to 'Dynasets'? (Access 2002)

Only some types of recordsets are dynasets - you have to dig into DAO and ADO to begin to get a feel for the difference. In addition, it depends on whether the results of the query are updateable. In general, if the query is updateable, then the recordset is considered a dynaset. In point of fact, I think Microsoft is moving away from the general use of the word, and only using it in specific situations. If you do a search for dynaset in Help, you should see two topics to choose from, and the second topic is the only actual mention of the word that I found.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What happened to 'Dynasets'? (Access 2002)

The term is peculiar to DAO recordsets. ADO uses keysets.
    Charlotte