New Lounger
    Thanks

IE Window too small (6)

This just started happening...

When maximized, IE 6 does not fill the screen, but leaves about a 1/2" of the desktop at the top showing. No other software is doing this, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., just IE. I'm running Win XP Home at 1024 X 768.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE Window too small (6)

You mean you can't manually stretch it? Try this. Ctrl +N or File a new window so you have two. Resize the second manually hopefully to the size you want--fill the screen or anything else. Then close the 2nd window I don't care if from File or the X but when you do it hold down the Ctrl key. Then close the other one. This usually works just fine for me.

It's most interesting if you can't manually stretch it to full size. Let me know.

SMBP

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I can manually stretch it. I was talking about maximizing the window. As in going from a Restore Down state to a Maximize state. Or clicking once on the window icon in the upper left corner and selecting Maximize. Your trick using the Ctrl key worked, though. Thanks! What speedy help!

Brad

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Brad--

I understood you wanted to maximize the window whether it was from the titlebar of IE or however it's comfortable but I had to make sure you could manually do it so that my fix would work. That's why I asked. The key to getting IE to remember again since it doesn't have perfect memory at all times under all circumstances is to parent a new window and then "set the template size" with the new window, closing with the Ctrl key.

Glad you have this fixed.

SMBP

New Lounger
    Thanks

Chalk up another one for SMBP!