Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Category: None (disappeared) (XP)

I opened my Outlook Contacts folder this morning, and to my horror I could not find the category "None." All the rest of my categories are intact (I think), but there's no None! I tried adding a new contact with no category, and still None does not appear. So I searched for my new contact and found it, with category None attached to it. But when I view my contacts by category, "None" does not show up.

Pray tell, what have I done? I've got a heap of information that I can't retrieve! I checked my Recycle Bin and didn't find anything that looked like an Outlook item.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Category: None (disappeared) (XP)

Try Viewing by Category and then dragging all the categories out and dropping them into a new Contacts folder set up for the purpose. Switch to another View. Then switch back to View by Category.
    Gre

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Category: None (disappeared) (XP)

Kindly disregard. I read your reply and tried your recommendations, but nothing worked. Then somehow I stumbled onto the concept of filters in contacts. I buried down through some layers and discovered that I had somehow imposed a filter that hid all but a handful of my categories from view. I cleared the filter and voila! Everything's back to normal. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply! Happy New Year!

And three cheers for the New Lounge!!