3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cursor Return (XP SP2)

I have a main form with a tab control which has half a dozen tabs. Each tab contains a sub-form relating to the main form. On the main form is a find record combo box so that I can find a main form record then edit related data in each of the sub-forms. A couple of the sub-forms have their own data entry combos which need refreshing when the main form record changes. That is, when I use one of the combos on a sub-form, I am able to see and use choices relating to the main form. To do that, I have code which set focus to each sub-form and the combo box on each one in turn then requeries the combo box.

The problem is, the cursor always ends up in a different sub-form.

Is there a way to return the cursor from whence it came when I used the find combo box?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cursor Return (XP SP2)

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You do know, don't you, that it isn't necessary to set the focus to those controls or subforms to requery them?
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No I wasn't aware of that. I always thought the control had to have focus in order to requery it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, you simply have to use the correct syntax in referring to it. In Access, you can reference a subform control (the subform you dropped on the parent form is in a subform control) from the parent form like this (where subformcontrol represents the name of the subform control on the parent form):

Me!subformcontrol.Requery

If you want to requery a particular control on a subform, it would be:

Me!subformcontrol.Form!controlname.Requery

Note that the subform control is not the same as the subform it contains. They may have the same name or different names, but when you refer to the control, you use the subform control name, not the name of the subform object itself. In versions of Access later than 97, you can skip the reference to the Form property when referring to a control on a subform (represented here by controlname), but it doesn't hurt to use it, and you still need it if you are referring to some other method or property of the subform.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yup. It works, of course!
    Thanks a million.
    Nick