New Lounger
    Thanks

Forms (MSFP2002 )

I am trying to make my first user name password form. i need this form to sell an e-book from my website. what is the best way to go about this. and is there a way for me to make a time limit that the user name pasword is valid and or be able to filter user name or pasword who's membership has expired so that there user name / pasword will no longer work till they make a payment.
    I need this pasword protection for specific pages of my website and dont want to require a user name/pasword to enter the initial site just sections of the site once someone visits the site and clicks on pasword protected areas.
    i need to know the most secure and user friendly way to go about this.. any and all info would be greatly apreciated. ps i apoligise, i cant spell very well.
    thank you,
    Bryan Laughead
    http://capeentertainment.com
    admin@capeentertainment.com

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forms (MSFP2002 )

The short answer is yes, you can time out a session and you can also check a login for expiry. To do so securely, you are going to need some form of database on the back end (such as SQL server). Do you have any kind of database support from your web hosting provider? Using FrontPage, you would probably be best off doing this by using ASP pages.

There are alternative options, though, if you do not want to hand code all of this. I once worked with VP-ASP, a shopping cart solution that was both low priced and also very flexible. It can tie into an Access database, or SQL if you choose.
    -Mark