Thread: Select All (97)

Lounger
    Thanks

Select All (97)

Can anybody tell me how I can get a query to return all records, when I'm using a combo box with a drop down list?

Thanks.

Blitzy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select All (97)

You don't explain where the combo box comes from. If you mean that you have a form with a combo box, and set the criteria for a field in the query to [Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName], you can set the criteria to the following instead:

Like IIf(IsNull([Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName]),"*",[Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName])

Of course, you must replace FormName and ComboBoxName with the actual names. Another way is to leave the existing criteria as they are now, but to add a column [Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName], clear the Show: check box for this column, and set Is Null as criteria on an otherwise empty criteria line (i.e. not on the line containing [Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName] as criteria.)

If you meant something different, please explain.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select All (97)

Hi hans, one of my colleagues has pointed me in the direction of the Access Developer Solutions Database, and I'm finding it helpful.... Think I can probably get what I want from this. Thank you very much for your help in any case.

Regards. Blitz