Lounger
    Thanks

Website for All Office 97 Patches?

I'm reluctant to apply SR2b as I am using Outlook 98.

Is there a single website providing links to all of the various Office 97 patches which came out *after* SR2? I know that there were many patches after SR2 in the year 1999.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Website for All Office 97 Patches?

Will this help?
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q248/7/10.ASP>OFF97: Overview and History of Office 97 Patches</A>

Lounger
    Thanks

Helps quite a bit, Phil. Thanks. I followed the links on that webpage and did the patches. I'm surprised that there were not more post-SR2 patches. Thought there were some Y2K patches... apparently not.

5 Star Lounger
    Reading/Swindon, Berkshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Is there any chance you're thinking of windows patches as opposed to excel patches - eg y2k, euro, etc? These would (presumably)have side affects on the office family.

Brooke

Lounger
    Thanks

No, Service Pack 4 did the required Y2K patches on the NT4W OS. It never harmed the Office apps. Remember -- Windows NT4 and Office are made by the same company.

5 Star Lounger
    Reading/Swindon, Berkshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

>Remember -- Windows NT4 and Office are made by the same company.

Really?

Seriously though, what i was getting at is that if the OS don't work, the programs won't either: for instance, the w95 y2k patch was (matter of opinon?) needed for systems running office on w95 simply because witout a correctly running OS, no programs would run. So whilst my version of excel was not patched, a patch was needed to run excel. okay so it was the OS that was patched, but the end result of not patching would have been the same. Does that explain where my previous post was coming from?

Brooke

Lounger
    Thanks

Windows NT4 came out about 15 months after Windows 95. There are no fixes in the NT4 Service Packs that are expressly designed to keep Office apps running for Y2K and later. That I'm sure of.

The OS and apps are both working nicely so far as I can tell. Just want to be sure that there are no potential Y2K+ problems and invisible holes in security for which there are Office 97 patches that I haven't yet installed.

BAM

Hi HopTurn,

There is also a Post Service Release for Word 97 that fixes about 50 additional bugs. It is a combination of several patches and fixes such as the Mail Merge Security Update, Leap Year Update, and the ODMA Update.

I noticed it was referred to in the KB article, but there wasn't a link to it:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q265/3/74.ASP>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q265/3/74.ASP</A>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers!

Lounger
    Thanks

Splendid, BAM. My Word 97 is certainly up to date now.