Star Lounger
    Thanks

DB shutdown (2002)

I'm creating a menu using access. I have links to other databases as well as xl and word documents.

I'm trying to modify the links, for example to a word document. This is what happens:
    I click on the cmd button and go to the document. This link works - but it's the wrong document.
    I close the document and my access menu appears. when I make any attempt to go into design mode, my entire access program shuts down.
    I can reopen access and proceed to make my changes but if I try it again the same thing happens.
    I would appreciate any help to solve this dilemma.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: DB shutdown (2002)

Right off hand, it sounds like you might have a corrupt database - have you done a compact and repair? Also, have you applied the latest 2002 service packs?
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've done a compact & repair - no luck. I opened a new database & exported the form - no luck.
    I'm on a network so I have no control over updates.
    I think I will ask the non-help desk to reinstall Access for me.

None of my other databases does this..
    I think it's weird.
    (but then, so am I)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If it's just one database, it's more likely that this database is corrupt than that Access has a problem, so I doubt that re-installing Access will solve the problem. Do you have a backup of the database in which the links are working correctly? If so, use this copy, delete the tables and import them from the problem database. If you don't have a working backup, consider creating a new blank database, importing all tables, queries etc, and then re-creating the problem form.