3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attendance calendar (MS Outlook XP)

Trying to find a "form" where we can keep track to employees Vacation, sick and work schedules.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attendance calendar (MS Outlook XP)

Hello,

I don't think I quite understand your question.

Did you want to create an Outlook form to be used to enter this information? Or did you want to set up a shared calendar to show this information?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Will thats a good question. I was hoping to create a form where a shift supervisor (4 different teams, plus Dept, manager) could enter the information about his team. Keep track when they are sick, vacation and also allow anyone to look at the calendar/form to see their status on vacation and other items.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think the question can be answered in one of two ways - tracking hours or providing visual information. If you simply want to provide visual information about when someone is scheduled to be on vacation, or when someone was sick, you could set up a shared calendar, with read rights for everyone and update rights for a few. The designated entry folks could enter in a person's sick or vacation days and that would be that. Filter on a person's name to see their days, and/or filter on "sick" or "vacation" in the subject line to see that information.

If you need to track specific hours, then I might use an excel spreadsheet instead. Put folks names on the sheet with columns for sick hours and vacation hours, with conditional formatting to indicate when they are approaching or at their limits.

Does this help?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, this does help. I was hoping to go with the Outlook/Calender but now I see that I will have to do this with a spreadsheet. Thank you.