3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rules Wizard (Outlook 2002)

Hello everyone:

Can anyone advise me on the following:

I used the Rule Wizard to setup emails from two seperate individuals, and I also used the Automatic Formatting, then I requested for the emails to be sent to the same folder. The problem is that I was getting a duplication for each email.

I went back to the Rule Wizard and deleted the Rules for both individuals, then I recreated the rule for each person. Is this the only way to solve the problem, or could there be another method that I could have chosen.

Thanks

dillon

Thanks

Re: Rules Wizard (Outlook 2002)

It's hard to say without being there or re-creating the two rules, but... a common reason for duplicates is that Outlook applies ALL rules to every message that meets their criteria. This probably is not what you expected, because you already moved the message, so why is Outlook applying the next rule? In order to make sure no further rules are applied after the message is moved, add a new action to the end of the rule: stop processing rules. Outlook will then "move on" to the next incoming message on the list. Hope this helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rules Wizard (Outlook 2002)

Hello jscher2000:

Thanks for your quick response, in the Rule Wizard it ask for a specific word, so I typed in the person's name, exactly how it would appear when I receive an email eg. CPowell. I chose from the "recipient" But I will go back and modify the rules with your suggestion.

I think some how that I must of created an extra set of rules, that's why I decided to go back and delete each rule, and then recreate each one.