Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

sumproduct (2000)

In column A I have 6 months listed in rows 1-6 (entered as mm/dd/yy), in the format mmm-yy. In column B, I have quantities of a product purchased each day of the respective month. What I want to do is enter a function (sumproduct maybe?) in cell B7 that sums the product of the individual months purchases. However whenever I try and enter "day(eomonth(a1:a6,0))" to calculate the days, I get a "Name" error.
    Help?

Thanks

Re: sumproduct (2000)

Name error means that excel can not find a function.
    EOMonth is part of the "Analysis Toolpack addin". I would speculate that you have not installed it. to do this follow the directions under HELP for EOMONTH

I figured that:
    <pre>=SUMPRODUCT(DAY(EOMONTH(A1:A6,0)),B1:B6)</pre>

is what you are looking for
    BUT this does not work!!
    EOMonth does not seem "set up" to work with an "array" of values, (it is an array that is not in an array formula: it does not even work in a "proper" array formula at all: at least in XL97)

You can "simulate' an day(eomonth) type of formula and do the sumproduct with [Note: this is normal formula, confirm with just <enter>]
    <pre>=SUMPRODUCT(DATE(YEAR(A1:A6),MONTH(A1:A6)+1,1 )-DATE(YEAR(A1:A6),MONTH(A1:A6),1),B1:B6)</pre>

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: sumproduct (2000)

Thanks, Steve; as usual, works like a charm!
    Happy New Year!