Thread: Requery (2000)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Requery (2000)

Hi, on a continuous sub form I have a tick box that provides criteria for a query that in turns requeries a combo when the the tick box is updated. Problem is that I complete one record then move onto the next, when I complete the tick box in the new record it requeries the previous record/s that I have moved out of, how can i get around this?

Many thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Requery (2000)

Is the checkbox bound to a field in the underlying table? When you say "new record", do you mean that literally, that is, a record you've just created and haven't saved yet, or do you just mean a different record? If the checkbox is unbound, it applies to all records you can see in the continuous form. If you fill in the blanks and indicate exactly what you *want* to occur, perhaps someone can help. Records are not requeried individually, so it's a little hard to tell what you are trying to do.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Charlotte, tick box is either 1 or 2, if 1 is ticked, my combo displays a certain set of records, if 2 another, this works fine. The tick box and the combo are on a sub form (continous). I complete e.g. the first record, say with tick 1 and select from the combo then move to start a new record on the sub form (does this inheritently create the first record?) then select tick box 2, the recordset for the combo requeries not only in this new record but for the first record too. I have bound the tick box to a field even though it is data I don't require in the hope it would cure the problem but unfortunately it doesn't?

Thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A checkbox is only True, False or Null, not 1 or 2. Are you using an option group?

I'm still confused by what you're describing. Is the combobox on the subform or the parent form? Is the combobox bound to a field or unbound? If the combobox is on the form header of a subform, it will behave differently than if it is in the detail. If the combobox is in the detail of the subform so it shows up in each record, you're only dealing with a single combobox, no matter how many instances you see. If you change the rowsource of the combobox in one record, new or old, you change it in all of the visible instances. That is the nature of continuous forms.
    Charlotte