New Lounger
    Thanks

Can not view inserted picture (2000)

I can insert pictures into Word 2000 and save file. Problem is that when I then reopen file the code for the picture appears NOT the picture (graphic) itself. Have inserted jpeg, gif and bmp graphics and none work.

I did run a program called UnPlug n' Pray that disables Windows Universal Plug and Play capability. However using UnPlug n' Pray I have re-enabled it - to no avail.
    Thanks
    Trimer

Thanks

Re: Can not view inserted picture (2000)

Try Tools -> Options - > View and make sure the 'Picture placeholders' box is unchecked. Also make sure that 'Field codes' is unchecked.

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ian,
    Tried that already thanks - both were unchecked.
    Trimer

Thanks

Let me assume you are pasting from a web site, and the code you are seeing is similar to { INCLUDEPICTURE URL }. If that is the case:

<UL><LI>You can switch from viewing field codes to viewing field results using Alt+F9.
    <LI>You can convert those links into actual pictures by selecting them and clicking Ctrl+Shift+F9 (this is known as "unlinking" the field).
    <LI>You can control whether "links" or "pictures" are inserted in the first place using Edit>Paste Special.[/list]Now, if you are using Insert>Picture to insert the picture from your hard drive, and you see a code similar to the above, the answer probably is the same (although that is not the normal behavior, so look for any checkboxes that mention linking). If the code you see is gibberish, perhaps you are using the "Recover Text From Any File (*.*)" filter