3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access Forms all disappeared!

Whilst working on updating my Access based cash register suddenly all the forms disappeared! The code for each form is all still there, thank Heaven, but I can't understand why the forms should just vanish like that. I don't think any delete procedure happened and I certainly didn't manually delete the forms. A lot of my code is in ADO.
    Has anyone had this experience and any advice for the future?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Forms all disappeared!

Moreover, I can't even create a new table in the database anymore: I get the message "No current Record" when I try to save it. Something weird is happening.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Can you import anything from that database into another? If the form modules are still there, could you at least export those module to text files or class modules so that you could retrieve them in another database? I've never seen anything that widespread, so we need as much information as possible about the problem and any solution you come up with.
    Charlotte

ScoobyDoo!

If you are in Access 2000, which I assume you are, I have run into this problem. I spent many hours on the phone with Microsoft, as it was a database that was in use fairly heavily and I needed to understand how it happened so I could avoid it in the future. In my case, I was able to identify the trigger that would cause the stuff to disappear, and could duplicate the error infinite times by going back to a backup from the previous evening.
    I had the same issue with creating new tables, as well as many of the queries in my database also disappeared and all of the reports.
    The root cause of my issue turned out to be a corrupted system file (you know those ones you can't see unless you specify that you want to and that keep track of all the objects, etc. in your database? Here's the really bad news. There's no cure for that. If you try to copy the form from a backup of the database, the corruption will likely move with it. The solution in my case was to copy the individual parts of the forms, reports, etc onto new blank forms in a new database. And then fix all the formatting, etc. It took a long time, but was somewhat easier than completely rebuilding.