Thanks

Re: BCM CD missing from Complementary Launch Office (MOS 2003)

I only got the two CDs (Office + OneNote) and haven't had time (or an extra machine) to deal with either of them.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I had to figure out that you have to get a separate CD for BCM and they didn't give us one. Interestingly when you have put in Office XP and then want to add you have two easy ways to do it and if you put in the CD again besides a repair option that doesn't really say "Detect and Repair" you can get the custom install and then say pick out MS Photo Editor.

But in Office 2003, when you put in the CD to go to it, you can't get a custom install interface. You have to run the Custom Install Wizard Tool from the Resource kit to get it. Every time you want to see that interface with MOS 2003 you have to click on the wizard tool to bring it up.

I think you know that you can easily keep any part of or all of your Office XP or any previous edition without a hitch just fine and install any parts of Office XP Pro and One Note with it. The install goes very quickly. There are issues with MOS 2003 but no big ones that have to do with old versions of Office I know about so long as the earliest ones are installed first.

SMBP

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I thought that BCM was part of the Enterprise version. Surely that isn't what you got, is it?
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

BCM CD missing from Complementary Launch Office (MOS 2003)

The complimentary Office 2003 package from the Launch says that Business Contact Manager is included. That would require a separate CD2 Business Contact Manager. I didn't see this in my package despite the folder saying it was included. Did anyone who got a free Launch Office get BCM? It's not on the Office CD --I searched it and even set it up using the Resource Kit's Customization Wizard Tool. There is a 30 day edition available at Office Pro Trial and a 120 version MS gave out at some meetings.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte--

You're right. OL BCM is part of Small Business and Pro retail, preinstalled and volume license including Academic volume license; it's part of the Enterprise edition as well.

We got two CD's--Office Professional and One Note. Our packaging a foldout that says:

"What's on the CD? The enclosed CD contains full versions of the following: Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. To use optimal installation of BCM for OL 2003 you'll need 190MB of HD and 256 MB RAM or above recommended."

When I started turning the CD upside down to go back and load BCM from it as if it were say in a custom install setup like MS Office Tools had MS Photo Editor and other features in Office 2K and XP I didn't know that BCM wasn't going to be on it. They said it was but it has to come in a separate CD #2. I'm appreciative of the nice gift of course, but whoever wrote the copy for the brochure didn't talk to whoever decided not to included a BCM CD. Not having worked with BCM before since it was MS's first time to include it after they bought it, I wasn't sure it wasn't on there until I looked.

SMBP