Thanks

Word Draw (MS Office Wors Draw)

I use MS Word 2000 Draw to draw simple layouts that have squares, triangles, etc. I color in these squares, triangle using the draw program of Word 2000 and save the drawing in My Documents. When I go back to these drawings and try to change the color or shape of these items I cannot change them. I can't even delete them. I have two different versions of MS Word 2000. One is with MS Office Small Business Office 2000 and the other is with MS Works 2000. I only have one version of MS Word 2000 in my PC at a time. I have taken one version of MS Word out and installed the other version and it did not help with the problem. I have deleted Normal.dot, restarted my PC to go back to defaults, I have changed normal.dot to normal.old, I have scanned my PC for viruses and nothing has changed to rid me of the problem.

Can some one tell me why I cannot change item such as squares or triangles on a MS Word 2000 draw document. I do not have any problem changing text or lines in any part of Word 2000.

I have no other problem with my PC but this one. I have even tried disabling macros and that did not work. I checked for macro viruses and found none. This is what I have on my PC.
    Magnell Win 98 SE (build 4.10.2222)
    1.10 Gigahertz AMD athlon Proc.
    32 Kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary cache
    61.48 Gibabyte Usable Hard Drive
    55. Gibabytes unused
    Mother board- First Intl. Computer Inc. ADII PCD1X
    Bus Clock 100 Megabytes
    Bios Award Software Intl. Inc. 6.00 PG. 03/07/2001
    256 Megabytes Memory - 2 128 boards
    NVIDIA GeForce 3 MX/MX 400 Display Adaptor
    Word 2000

Can some one help me correct the problem mentioned above. I have gone to the MS site and found no answers. If no one can answer this can you lead me to a site that can?

Paul, Middletown
    Catz

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Draw (MS Office Wors Draw)

Hi Paul:
    What happens when you try to delete them? Are you able to select them? You must be in Print Layout mode, of course. Is it possible that they are behind text or another drawing, so that when you try to select them, you aren't? Are you using the select tool (the arrow) on the Drawing Toolbar?

If you can't select them using the select tool while you are in Print Layout mode, try the steps suggested in <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

Thank you Phil for your reply. I tried using the select tool on the draw bar and I was able to select and change the items that I could not change. I learned one more thing today about Word draw. I have been trying to get an answer for this problem for over three months. The company that built my PC thought it might have been my video card and sent me a new one ( free of charge) that is ten times greater than the one I had. I went back to every drawing that I had a problem with and used the select arrow and was able to make changes. Might I ask where can I get a manual on Word Draw 2000? Does one exist? Again Thank you for your reply. One more question.... How do I find out if I am in Print Layout Mode. I have looked at my word drawings and did not see that anywhere. Please reply.
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You should be able to tell what view mode you are in from the icons on the view menu.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.GIF (5.3 KB, 0 views)

Thanks

Thank you StuartR. Still would like to find a manual on word 2000. Does one exist?
    Catz

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Paul:
    I've been offline this afternoon, so I'm glad Stuart was able to help, also. I don't know of any manual on just Word Draw, but would recommend some general ones on Word. I haven't checked to see if they are still available, but you could check Amazon or some other bookstores.
    1. "Using Microsoft Office", by Ed Bott & Woody Leonhard, Que (covers all of Office 2000; therefore, sometimes too general, but covers basics)
    2. "Using Word 2000", by Bill Camarda, Que (this has a few mistakes regarding styles, but is otherwise pretty good)
    3. "Running Microsoft Word" published by Microsoft Press.

You might check on the Books/Ezines forum & search for Word or Word 2000.
    Cheers,

Thanks

Thank you Phil for your reply with the helpful info. I will check it out. Paul.
    Catz