5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 archive folder (Outlook 2003)

When I view my Sent Items folder in an archive file all the message are listed by the FROM addressee which is me and the subject. In my regular (non-archived) Sent Items folder the messages are listed by the To addressee. I would like to have the messages listed by the FROM addressee in both folders. It seems strange that the archive folder would list only the FROM addressee as that is always me.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 archive folder (Outlook 2003)

You should be able to select a view arranged by sender in the View menu. Sorry not to be more specific, but I have Outlook 2002, and I gather that Outlook 2003 has different menus.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I want the messages arranged by date and in the preview pane (a bit different in 2003) I want to see the TO addressee rather than the FROM addressee in the Sent Items folder. I can not figure out why anyone would want to see the FROM addressee in this folder.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There must be a menu option in the View menu to customize the current view. In this dialog, you can select (among other things) which fields you want to display; you can uncheck FROM and check TO. But in Outlook 2002 (which I use) there is also a preset view that displays TO.

Outlook is just not smart enough - in your Outlook Today, it "knows" that you want to see FROM for items in the Inbox and TO for items in the Sent Items folders, but in other .pst files, such as your archive, it just sees a folder with mail items, and uses the default display (with FROM) until you choose a different setting.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finally found it: View/Arrange by/Current View/Sent To
    Thanks