2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default to databse folder (Access 2000 SR-1)

I have a linked text file within a database.
    If I move that database to a new folder I have to recreate that link to point to the same file, but in the new folder.
    I also have an export function (see below) which creates the required Excel file in the current folder.
    How can I create a link which looks for a particular named file in thecurrent folder,
    and how do I create an Excel file in the current folder without specifying the path.

Sub ADIJournalExport()
    Dim stExportDocName As String
    Dim stDocName As String

stExportDocName = "Cocuments and SettingsmlhMy DocumentsFixedAssetsFundCodesEOM_Corrected"
    stDocName = "qryADI_EOMJournal"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, stDocName, stExportDocName

End Sub

Thanks in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default to databse folder (Access 2000 SR-1)

The path to linked tables is always hard-coded, so you must update the link if you move the file you link to. The Developer Solutions Sample database from Microsoft contains example code that demonstrates how to update links when the database is opened. See Sample Applications Download.

CurrentProject.Path returns the path of the current database, so you could use

stExportDocName = CurrentProject.Path & "EOM_Corrected"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,
    Used CurrentProject.Path, and it it works like a dream.
    Can't find where to download the Solutions9.mdb from Microsoft using your link or from within Microsoft.
    I will see if the 'Heldesk' team will provide me with a copy as, this is not installed as part of the Standard Operating Environment.
    Thanks again
    Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Oops, the link I provided used to contain the download link, but apparently MS has withdrawn it. Sorry about that. I have attached the relevant module as a text file. It will have to be adapted for your purposes, since the code is meant to update links to another Access database.
    Attached Files Attached Files