Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Save Target As: Different Uses? (XP Pro)

Mark (Wylly X 2) just gave me a good clear explanation of this feature on the Rt. Click Context menu Post 327188. Jefferson and Mark showed it to me as a work-around to get to a download link I was frustrated I couldn't reach.

It might be part of the "Make a new shortcut" wizard, or used some times to get shortcuts done by a different method, and I know I have used it for it for chores like sending My Documents somewhere else (I believe) but what I'm asking here is do peole use this feature possibly frequently for a number of things? It helped me out here, and I don't want to miss out if it has other applications.

TIA,

SMBP

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save Target As: Different Uses? (XP Pro)

I frequently make use of the Save Target As (or whatever name it has in other browsers) because often an application will associate itself with certain file types. For example, I use WindowBlinds, and when downloading new themes/skins from WinCustomize, the .wba extension automatically installs the new skin. At times, this behaviour is fine with me, but if it is something I wish to keep and archive, I have to save the target instead of letting it simply install.

This can also be used to advantage when you encounter certain types of streaming media, such as QuickTime movies or MP3s, that you wish to save and peruse later. By using the Save Target function you can free up the browser while the download takes place in the background.

HTH,
    -Mark

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save Target As: Different Uses? (XP Pro)

This is very good and very useful. I know I have been spoonfed to use this before in some things that had step-wise instructions. I'll be able to use this now more.

SMBP