2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Link Manager (2000)

I get the following error when I click on the link manager : Microsoft Access can't find the wizard, or there is a syntax error in the declarations section of a Visual Basic Module. The wizard you need may be missing from the libraries key of the Microsoft Access section of the windows registry. To make sure the wizard is in the registry, run set up to reinstall Microsoft Access, and then compile all Visual Basic modules in the database.
    I have tried a new blank database to make sure I didn't have any visual basic modules and still get the same error.
    I have reinstalled wizards from the office CD and that didn't help.
    Does anyone have an idea what I can try next???
    Thanks for your time.
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Link Manager (2000)

1. Try re-registering accwiz.dll:
    - Locate accwiz.dll (probably in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice)
    - Select Run... in the Windows Start menu.
    - Type regsvr32 "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeaccwiz.dll" with the correct path substituted.
    - Click OK.

2. If you have VBA code, check for missing references (Tools | References... in the Visual Basic Editor)

3. Does MSKB article ACC2000: "Microsoft Access Can't Find the Wizard..." Error Message After You Apply the Access 2000 and SQL Server 2000 Readiness Update apply to you?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans-
    I reregistered the file and got a message that it completed the operation successfully. It did not fix the problem.
    I looked at the references and there are 6 references checked. I didn't see anything that said missing.
    I didn't think number three applied to me but I went ahead and deleted the file and ran repair office anyway. That did not help either.
    I went to another computer on the network and opened the database. The link table manager opened right up therefore I do not think it is the database. It must be the set up of Office or the computer that is not allowing me to open the link table manager.
    Do you think I should try an Office reinstall?
    Thank you for your help.
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Start by selecting Help | Detect and Repair... (have your Office 2000 CD ready)
    If that doesn't help, try a complete uninstall of Access 2000 (or Office 2000). See HOW TO: Completely Remove Access 2000 from Your Computer. Then reinstall Access 2000 (or Office 2000).

Note: if you have created secured workgroup files, make a backup copy before ininstalling and reinstalling!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Detect and repair did not fix the problem.
    I uninstalled Access as per the link Hans gave, then reinstalled Access. When I clicked on link table manager it said it was not installed, do I want to install it now. I said yes. It is working now.
    Thanks for all the help and information.
    John