3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Name AutoCorrect (XP SP2)

Has anyone noticed any detrimental side-effects when using Name AutoCorrect in Access XP? I'm working on a large db trying to track down possible reasons for corruption. I remember Access 2000 original release had a few problems with it that were fixed in the SP1 release but I would be interested to know if anyone else has uncovered any problems in this area in XP.

Incidentally, what's happening in this db I'm working on is that the VBA code behind about two-thirds of the reports suddenly disappears and they become unuseable -- but I might raise that in a new thread.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Name AutoCorrect (XP SP2)

I think it still causes problems in Access 2002, but since the first thing I always do in a database is turn Name AutoCorrect off, I don't have horror stories of what can go wrong. I do know that Name AutoCorrect can slow down the opening of forms. From <post#=314102>post 314102</post#>:
    <hr>Just tried turning off the Name AutoCorrect option

The form used to take about 16 seconds to open, now it takes less than 4 which I guess is acceptable<hr>
    This was on Access 2002 SP-1.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The problems were never really fixed in 2000 and they still exist in 2002 and, as far as I know, in 2003. Name Autocorrect is one of those things that sounds like a good idea and isn't. For one thing, it causes horrible bloat and performance degradation. Do you by any chance has Office 2003 installed on the same machine?
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, I don't have Office 2003 on the same machine. All PC's have only just been upgraded to Office 2002. (Sorry for the delay in response. I've just installed and started to configure Mozilla browser).