3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printers all disappeared!

Whilst trying to print a business card using Microsoft Publisher (2000 Office version) all went well until the page was nearly finished. Suddenly the printer stopped and when I look into the printers folder all my printers, including the fax driver, had disappeared! Moreover,when I try to add the printers I get a message 'PRINTER SUBSYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE'. When I tried to install my Epson inkjet from the Espon CD I get the message ' NO AVAILABLE PORTS'. It is a USB printer. Obviously something has gone wrong in the registry. Is there a way to restore my system to normality?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printers all disappeared!

(Answering own question)
    I think the disc was near full which seems to lead to system problems such as this one. On going to Control Panel/Printers the Printers all reappeared but when I went DIRECTLY to Printers on the start menu they weren't there.
    Some subtle difference in what appears to be the same thing!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printers all disappeared!

Hi David,

I've had this happen more than once. Usually it is preceded by a Spool32 warning which of course makes no sense. Do any of these error messages ever make sense? But bottom line is that if you reboot, all seems to return to normal...til the next time. It does seem to happen when I know I have been pushing things and are probably running low on resources.

Marilyn