New Lounger
    Thanks

Sending mail from office programs (word 2000)

(Edited by HansV to provide link to mskb article - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>.)

Hi,

Have got the error message "word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or problem with office installation". Found article 260623 in MS Knowledgebase which tells you to get the orktools.exe from their site and then run the profile wizard to recreat .ops file. Then it says to recreate transform in custom installation wizard and then install office with the new transform. As I have never used these tools before and there are no guidelines in this article can someone please let me know exactly what to do to fix this error, starting with recreatings the ops file.

Thanks
    Regards
    Fiona

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending mail from office programs (word 2000)

The MSKB article you mention states that the problem can occur if you have downloaded and used an old version of orktools.exe. Your description makes me think that is not the case. Please post back if you do already have orktools.

The kind of problem you mention can also be caused by
    a) Having different versions of Word and Outlook.
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] A conflict with a Word add-in.
    c) A conflict with an Outlook add-in.

a) Is Outlook 2000 your default mail program?
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> described how to investigate problems on the Word side.
    c) Do you have the Outlook Personal Folders Backup Utility? If so, take a look at <!mskb=240813>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 240813<!/mskb>.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply. I have the lastest version of orktools. It seems the problem may be caused by the fact we have office 2000 but Outlook has been upgraded to 2002. In order to fix this issue will we have to install Outlook 2000 or is there a way round this?

Thanks
    Fiona

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried the steps in the post by Phil Rabichow I mentioned?
    Can you send mail from Word etc. if you first open Outlook by itself?
    If this doesn't help, you might consider uninstalling Outlook 2002 and reinstalling Outlook 2000.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Okay I will try as you suggest. I am able to send use the send as attachment function from word but not the send function.

Thanks
    Fiona