New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge to e-mail with attachment Word 97 (97 SR2b)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 07-Jan-04 14:40. Added and around the link to make it clickable. Try it!)</P>I have Word 97 and Outlook 98 on a Windows 98 SE computer. I am trying to do a mail merge to e-mail and include attachments in the e-mail. Each e-mail would have the exact same attachments. I'd also like to include the same e-mail address in the cc: line for all the e-mails (i.e., the to: line changes for each e-mail, but the cc: line stays the same).

Does anyone know how to do this? I am especially keen to do the attachment part.; I can live without the cc: part. I tried the instructions at http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/Me...Attachments.htm, but I must not be smart enough to figure them out. I'd appreciate any help anyone could provide so that I could avoid having to give money to a bulk e-mail software company.

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Mail merge to e-mail with attachment Word 97 (97 SR2b)

What kind of results did you get trying the MVPs code? From reviewing it briefly, it appears simple to add an "always the same person" CC into that macro, but if the procedure isn't working for you at all, then we have a bigger problem.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge to e-mail with attachment Word 97 (97 SR2b)

It's fairly easy to do attachments in email if you do it directly from the MailMerge Helper in Word. One of the Options under Step 3 is to send the merged result as an email, and there is another option to send the merged result document as an attachment. Mail Merge doesn't like it if you don't have any merge fields in the main document, so add a field that never contains anything other than blank characters, and merge that to some spot on the document where it won't cause any problems (and will be invisible). Unfortunately there isn't any way I know of short of using automation as per the mpvs article to set the cc: line to a constant. Hope this helps.
    Wendell