2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook on LAN w/Groupwise (2003)

Anyone recognize this scenario: On my computer at work, connected to a LAN that uses Groupwise, I installed a copy of my Academic version of Office 2003. When I try to open Outlook, I get the password entry box for Groupwise. I enter the password. Outlook hangs with an "unexpected problem", and offers to start in safe mode. Same thing happens again.
    I wasn't using OL 2002 for the LAN email; too many problems. I got my work email from Groupwise, and my personal email from home (ATT) or from the web while at school if I really wanted to get to it. I'd be happy (enough) with the same arragement.
    Anyone know how I might make that happen?

Thanks

Re: Outlook on LAN w/Groupwise (2003)

The Office installer might have assumed you wanted to access your Groupwise e-mail with Outlook 2003. Go to Start menu>Settings>Control Panel>Mail and, if there is a service in your mail profile for Groupwise, delete it. Does that help?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Helped, to a point. By changing profiles to one I made for OL, I can get it to open. But either program will crash out if I forget to use the "right" profile. That to be expected? I used to be able to keep both open at once, using OL as datebook/contacts/etc., but not email. Know any way I can still make that happen?
    Thanks.

Thanks

I believe you can default to a particular profile by giving it a name earlier in the alphabet than the others.

It does make sense that only one connection to Groupwise can be active at a time. Assuming Outlook is blinded to the existence of that account, I don't see why you can't continue to use it the way you did before. Unless the installer changed something that needs to be changed back... If you look in Internet Explorer's Tools>Internet Options...>Programs tab, is the default E-mail program set to Outlook? If so, see if you can set it back to Groupwise (or whatever your preferred client is). There's probably a more official place to set this, but this one should do.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. That worked, but only after I tried it 3 times. Go figure.
    Appreciate your time in helping me with this.