Star Lounger
    Thanks

Addition in a report (97)

Hi
    I have a report adding up the hours for particular tasks. The hours for the tasks are pulled in from a query, the text box on the report is called "Factored MPD Mhrs" which displays the hours this work fine.

1. How would i add all the hours up and display them in another text box "Grand total"
    2. Id like to display another figure called "Panel hours" (which comes from the query) under "Grand total" and add the two of them and for the result to display in another text box.

Cheers for the help in advance,
    Rob.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Addition in a report (97)

I assume that "Factored MPD Mhrs" is in the detail section of the report. Put a new text box labeled "Grand Total" in the report footer section, and set its control source to =Sum([Factored MPD Mhrs]). You can use this result in the control source of other text boxes in the report footer: =[Grand Total]+...

If I have misinterpreted the situation, provide more specific details.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

"Factored MPD Mhrs" is in a text box if there are 20 tasks then 20 numbers will appear in a list where "Factored MPD Mhrs" is located in the design view of the report. I did what you said and im getting an error message as follows any ideas??
    Cheers Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry the answer to your question Hans is yes the "Factored MPD Mhrs" is in the detail section,
    Rob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case I don't know enough about the design of the tables, queries and report. Could you provide more detailed information, or see <post#=328710>post 328710</post#>.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans
    I solved the prob i was having by going to the table which the numbers come from and changing their data type from "Text" to "Number" the 2 numbers now add up. For the last part of the form id like to add the "Grand total" to "Plus hours on panels" i entered in the "Total" box=[Grand Total]+[Plus hours on panels]" but nothing displays is there something wrong with what im typing perhaps??

Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Having a number type field if you want to calculate a sum seems reasonable...

You must enter the expression =[Grand Total]+[Plus hours on panels] in the Control Source property of the Total text box. The names between the brackets [ ] must be the exact names of the text boxes shown in your screenshot.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,
    I solved the prob just a min ago I was entering in the name from the label box which wasnt working. I solved it by inputting the name of the text box by going to properties then clicking on other and using that name in the total box.

Thanks for the help.