2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query Help (2000)

I am having difficulties with my query. My database is attached. You can see where the query is not adding the numbers correctly because of the duplicate values in the REQ_HISTORY table. Can anyone show me how to get these values to correctly add up?

Thanks!
    Kindra
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Help (2000)

Can you indicate what the result of the query should be in your opinion, and how this result is calculated?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Okay, what you are trying to do is a little confusing. First, are you trying to total the number of hours by Code alone, or by Code and ID? By code alone, that is where you are getting the jumble of 6020 for both ID 1 and 2, and you are getting ID 1 twice, because it is in the REQ_HISTORY table twice for code 6020. To show only one item from the REQ_HISTORY table, you'll need another field, either a date/time or Yes/no, to show which is the latest or current record to use for the last field.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Question reposted in new thread <post#=329216>post 329216</post#>. To avoid confusion, I am locking this thread. Please post all replies in the other thread. Thank you.