New Lounger
    Thanks

Reinstall Office 2K Upgrade Edition

I've been upgrading MS Office since Word for Widows 2.0 and Excel 3.0 -- should have bought stock! :-)

So I have the upgrade edition of MOD 2000, the upgrade edition of Off97 Pro, ...

I'd like to do a clean install of my OS (Win2K Pro) for a number of reasons and will have to reinstall MOD2000. Since I have the upgrade edition, it's going to need to find something from Office 97 or something to verify that I qualify for the upgrade edition.

Any idea what I'll need here?

TIA,
    --
    David Goggin
    -- david.goggin@att.net

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Reinstall Office 2K Upgrade Edition

When the systems asks for the location of your earlier Office product just remove your Office 2000 cd, put in your Office 97 cd and tell the system to look in the cd drive. Them put back in the Office 2000 back in when needed.

This same process works for those OS upgrades also. It is important that you keep at least ONE older version if not more of each program and or OS you have upgraded and or TRADE UP (remember those).

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reinstall Office 2K Upgrade Edition

Thanks -- that eases my mind. I was afraid I'd get in an endless string of verifications where each upgrade would have to see yet a previous version going back to where I bought my first full non-upgrade version. Guess I'm getting paranoid in my old age. :-)

This should be a piece of cake!
    --
    David Goggin
    -- david.goggin@att.net