2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Comparing Date Fields (2000 - SR2)

I have a query which contains three date fields. One is called [DueDate], the other [ExtensionDate] and the third is [ClosedDate]. I need to know how many of the related records are "Closed" on time. The common element is that the [DueDate] and [ClosedDate] are required on every record, and I can quickly identify how many records were closed "on or before the" the stated [DueDate]. The problem comes in to play when an [ExtensionDate] is noted. Extension Dates are not used on every record, but when they are used then that date becomes the new [DueDate]. However, we still need to capture or retain the original [DueDate] so that we can identify the total time (date) element of how long it takes to complete the task.

The problem I am having is that I do not know what criteria to put in my query to compare the [CloseDate] to both the [DueDate] and [ExtensionDate], and to allow for instances where the [ExtensionDate] is Null. Any ideas.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Date Fields (2000 - SR2)

Try this criterion for ClosedDate: < = Nz([ExtensionDate],[DueDate])

Note: I put spaces between < and = and Nz. This is because some browsers display something else if there is no space between < and =. Don't include the spaces in your query.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Date Fields (2000 - SR2)

Thanks Hans. That did it.