New Lounger
    Thanks

PST files (Outlook 2000)

I was highly recommended to you guys in hopes that you can help me out...

All of my laptop users here in new Orleans have an abundance of emails stored in a PST file located on their local drives. It appears that in some instances, users were setup with a batch file that copies these pst files to their E drives for backup reasons. In the past, a user's laptop drive crashed, and she lost her emails because they were not backed up. With the amount of email they deal with on a daily basis I couldn't imagine what it would be like if one of them lost ALL of their emails due to a major hardware failure. What I am looking for is a way to back this up with ease. Currently, this batch file appears to only run if the user is not in Outlook with access to the PST file. In other words they have to close Outlook and in some instances, go into task manager and kill the "Outlook" process as it sometimes won't close out which is needed in order to run this batch file that does the copying. Are there any features in Outlook that would "mirror" the pst files?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PST files (Outlook 2000)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PST files (Outlook 2000)

wow, that was fast (the response), mucho thanks Han, I think this might work.. =)

Regards,
    Will