3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Protecting multiple sheets (2000, XP)

I have multiple sheets with the same layout (ea sheet a month). I want to protect all but a few cells on each sheet. I can do each page individually, but when I group the sheets, I no longer have the option of protecting the worksheet. I can protect the workbook, but this seems to be a different animal. Is there a simple way to protect multiple sheets - or a reason why not?
    I used Edit, Move or Copy Sheet to populate the workbook. If I protected the sheet before doing this, it seems to carry through, but only in XP.
    Can someone fill in gaps for me and just give me some ways of handling this? I'm putting together a teaching module and I'd like to not overlook something obvious.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Protecting multiple sheets (2000, XP)

There is no way to protect multiple sheets in the interface, but you can use macros for this: see <post#=321917>post 321917</post#>.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Protecting multiple sheets (2000, XP)

Ena, Protection can occur at the Cell Format level and via password (which can be blank) at the Worksheet, Workbook and Workbook Open level. You would be prevented from changing the Cell Formats between Protected and Unprotected on multiple worksheets only if any or all of the selected Worksheets are password protected. Excel 2000 does not let you password protect multiple worksheets in one grouping.

Does this help?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS