5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Free History Cleaner

Features described: "Permanently erase browser's cache files, permanently clean browser's cookie files, clean and disables autocomplete URLs, cleans the secret index.dat file, clean Windows temporary folder, clean Media Players recent file menu, permanently clean the recycle bin, clean Recent Documents list, clean Run menu, clean the Find files history." The site claims "over 2 million users worldwide." Given that number, does anyone in the Lounge have experience with the program? http://www.freehistorycleaner.com/index.html

Thanks

Re: Free History Cleaner

You have to be supicious of ANY program not from Microsoft that claims to have 2 million users. I took a look at the site and there is precious little information there. However you should read the EULA (which was in a hard to see link at the bottom of the page (blue text on a black background):

<hr>Free History Cleaner'S SERVICES
    Free History Cleaner is providing you with Internet-related services, such as deleting history, temporary folder, recycle bin etc. FREE HISTORY CLEANER permits you to download its proprietary software (the "Software") that enables you to: manage cookies, Delete history, etc. In consideration of which you expressly allow Free History Cleaner to redirect 404, DNS and other pages and show you advertisement windows from time to time. Your use of the Service constitutes your endorsement and approval of the Free History Cleaner features for the purpose of enhancing your browsing activities . At any time, you can select not to utilize the Service by uninstalling the software. <hr>

I'd stay away from this. If you are willing to try an alternate browser that is built-on the IE engine, I use Slim Browser. Besides a tabbed interface and built-in popup filter, it has tools for cleaning history, cache, etc. already built-in. The program is Free/donanteware. You can check it out here: http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/sbrowser.htm

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Another freeware utility that does something similar is IE Privacy Keeper

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I missed the EULA. I also noticed, like you, how little information was given, and that made me suspicious.