Thread: Clock Speed

Lounger
    Thanks

Clock Speed

Happy new year all,
    I have a problem with a replacement Motherbaord. The old board failed, (azza 440)along with the modem. The replacement board is a Gigabyte GA-7N400L with a AMD Athlon XP2600+ CPU. The problem is the CPU speed is showing as running at 1243 instead of the 2100 it should read at. These results were taken from both the System Prop screen and a program called aida32 ( system info program). The OS is winXP Hm. The old board read the correct speed before failing. The Gigabyte Board is left at the factory default settings for clock speeds(auto detect) , as I am not to much of a fan of overclocking.

Any suggestions as to how to speed back up the processor??

Cheers,

Kiwi

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clock Speed

Have you double and triple checked all the jumpers (if any) on the mainboard? On occasion I have had issues with an improper jumper configuration.

A serious issue such as this could also be the result of the BIOS needing to be updated. Have you checked Gigabyte's website?
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clock Speed

A quick check of the manual pdf at the gigabyte site (Mark's link, above) shows a CLK SW in the center of the board. It's a 2 position switch. Off is 100mhz (200mhz fsb). On is auto, which should detect 400mhz fsb. I'm guessing your switch is set to off!

(it's page 14 in the manual)

kip