Lounger
    Thanks

Logon problem after using network id wizard

Hi,
    I have a laptop, running win2k, that i use to log on to the network at work. I brought it home to try and connect via peer to peer network with my home machine. Couldn't get it to work.
    Stumbled across Network ID wizard (right click on "my Network places", choose "properties", then click on "Network identification". I clicked on "Network ID" and chose the option "This computer is for home use". On the next screen I chose the option "Let windows assume you are x" and the user name was "Administrator" and password boxes were blank. I left them blank and continued. it asked me to reboot and when i get to ctrl + alt + del, no combination of Administrator plus blank or any other password i've ever used will get me in, nor will any of my old usernames or passwords.

anyone else experienced this? Any wondrous fixes?

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logon problem after using network id wizard

What ,many people do when they are trying to log onto a peer-to-peer network at home is to log on to the computer itself. If you look at the Domain box, below your Logon ID, you should find the domain you normally logon to at the top. If you place the cursor there and then scroll down, you should get the name of the computer itself with "(this computer)" after it. Try your logon routine again after changing the Domain box. HTH
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. for some reason I cannot get the domain drop down menu. The button for options does not help me - it doesn't expand to show the domain box - maybe because it isn't picking up a "real" network to log into?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Try logging on as

[your domain name] [username]

and see whether that alters matters. Also, under either scenario, it's unlikely that your machine will now accept your old username without a password, but it may be worth trying.
    Gre