2 Star Lounger
    Boston suburb (Acton), Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks

Cut/Paste or Paste Creates FAULT (Word 2003, Outlook 2003)

When I cut/paste, Word frequently blows up... especially when I am creating or editing an email. "Frequently" means 9 times in the last 2 days, zero times the prior 6 days, 3 times the day before, etc. This is during a period when I am not doing much emial and very little work on documents.

I think this problem is more Word than Outlook - but maybe not. Outlook 2003 is using WinWord 2003 to edit email replies and to compose emails.

Some technical points that might help...
    1. <LI>This happens when I cut/paste within the email, or if I paste something I copied outside Word, or I highlight/drag/drop
      <LI>Word 2003 almost always recovers the lost doc - and shows the pasted piece in the new location
      <LI>This happens with both plain-text and formatted emails
      <LI>It happens with 1/2 page heavily formatted pastes from web pages AND 5 word no-formatting pastes
      <LI>I usually cut and paste using Ctrl/C and Ctrl/V
      <LI>My system is 2 weeks old. I am running 2000 Server. I have installed the MS Window updates. I do not have any other application problems.
    The Event Viewer Error message is:
    <font color=blue>Faulting application winword.exe, version 11.0.5604.0, stamp 3f314a2f, faulting module winword.exe, version 11.0.5604.0, stamp 3f314a2f, debug? 0, fault address 0x002a6bff. </font color=blue>
    The Even Viewer "Information" message 15 seconds later is:
    <font color=blue>Bucket 80206055, bucket table 1, faulting application winword.exe, version 11.0.5604.0, stamp 3f314a2f, faulting module winword.exe, version 11.0.5604.0, stamp 3f314a2f, debug? 0, fault address 0x002a6bff. </font color=blue>

Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cut/Paste or Paste Creates FAULT (Word 2003, Outlook 2003)

Try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> to see if you can pinpoint the cause.

2 Star Lounger
    Boston suburb (Acton), Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks

Re: Cut/Paste or Paste Creates FAULT (Word 2003, Outlook 2003)

Thanks - Phil's steps were very logical.
    After doing them all, I ran the Office 11 repair/reinstall and Word now works.
    -
    Of course now Outlook 2003 won't let me create an email...but that's another post.
    -
    This is a month-old installation on a fresh hard disk with nothing trick - no macros, no add-ins, no customization other than customizing the toolbars...
    -
    CIO Magazine reports 16% satisfaction with Microsoft - one of the worst ten vendor ratings. The best ratings wer over 90%. I would join the parade of dissatisfied customers. This really stinks.
    -