Thanks

Tools Corrupted? (2002)

Finally got around to installing Outlook2002(full) on both desktops and, now, my laptop. Desktops are working fine (all the bells and whistles) but, after several attempts, I can't seem to get the laptop to work. The "Tools" button is missing:

Send/Receive
    Send/Receive Settings
    Organize
    Rules Wizard
    Speech

Also, when I establish a new e-mail account everything checks out ("Test Account Settings") except sending of test message; and, of course, it neither sends or receives any messages whatsoever. All settings have been triple-checked and they are identical to the desktops (which work fine). I have completely removed and re-installed Office three times now and still get the same results. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)

Thanks

Re: Tools Corrupted? (2002)

The whole Tools menu is missing? Toolbar and menu customizations are stored in outcmd.dat, typically under

Cocuments and SettingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook

Try closing Outlook, renaming that file to something like outcmd.dat.old, and restarting Outlook. It should give you a "factory fresh" set of menus and toolbars.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you have an add-in that is changing them? Such add-ins could include anything from anti-spam to document management systems. But if your laptop environment is the same as your desktop environment, that wouldn't make much sense...

Thanks

Re: Tools Corrupted? (2002)

The tool bar is still there (poor wording on my part) - just some of the attributes were missing.
    It's all academic at this point because I managed to restore my system to an earlier point (forgetting that I had installed SP-1 and SP-2) so now the entire Office Suite is completely screwed up due to corrupted .msp files - I am now at an earlier retore point with older updates!

I'm going to attempt to go "forward' to the other restore and remove Office and updates, and then go back to the old restore point.
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)