4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Appointment Reminders

I have had trouble at my office with Outlook 2000's Calendar appointment reminders going off anywhere from 3-20 minutes later than they are scheduled. We run Windows NT 4.0 and Office 2000. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Appointment Reminders

not that i've noticed, but first thing i'd check is the computer's time - on both exchange server and the workstation.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Our server and workstation clocks are sync'd every morning, so I don't think that's the problem. It's kind of unpredictable, but it does happen pretty often. I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen the same thing (just so that I have more backing if I call tech support).

P.S. Thanks for the prompt reply

Thanks

I must admit I'm a bit dubious of the accuracy of reminders, though I've never been able to pin it down.
    What I do notice is that sometimes it is as if the arrival of an email triggers Outlooks memory - and it's this that makes me suspicious. But, as we check our mail server every minute, that could just be coincidence.
    If your worst case error is 20 mins, your 'check for mail every' setting is set to 20 mins perchance.....?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm connected to an Exchange Server, and our mail comes immediately. We don't have to use a check for mail every... setting. I really appreciate all the feedback I'm getting. It really is a curious problem.

geomouchet

We have this same problem. It started as soon as we upgraded from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000. Five minutes after the meeting is supposed to start I get a call from several annoyed people. I then click on Outlook on my task bar and up pops the (late) reminder. I have not been able to find any help for this and there is no mention on the M.S. Knowledge Base.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

have you tried running outlook once with a cleanreminders switch?

"<fullpath>outlook" /cleanreminders

geomouchet

Yes. It didn't make any difference. It's not that the reminders never come up. They just seem to wait until Outlook is the active window.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

didn't think it would - that's why i didn't suggest it earlier. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

exchange server, right? only fire after outlook comes into focus? makes me think it's related to the network problem where new mail counts don't show until you change folders. i'll have to look up the details - but it's a server connection issue.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I entered a call with Microsoft via their Online support, and I'll let you know what I find out from them about this issue. Hopefully I'll hear back within a week or two (knowing Microsoft[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]).

New Lounger
    Thanks

The only way I've got around this (and it's sad) is a program called automate that runs in background and sends focus to outlook- every few minutes. I hope theres a better way.