Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlink: name or cell

Hi,

I'm working in Excel 97.

I have a number of places where I'd like to hyperlink to another part of the workbook.

Sometimes I have some useful name or short phrase in the cell where I will put the hyperlink (say the hyperlink will be in A1 and jump to E6). Then I go into the Insert | Hyperlink dialogue, choose the cell or range I want the hyperlink to jump to, and click OK. The name/short phrase is still in A1 but is now hot so I can click the cell and jump where I want to (E6). Great.

Other times, I may forget to type the name/short phrase into the cell which will contain the hyperlink. I go thru the dialogue, find the place I want to link to (E6), and click OK.

Now I have a name in A1 of the cell/range where I'm going to (eg, "Sheet1!E6"). I would like to be able to edit that so I can have that useful phrase. However, I can't seem to be able to edit the contents of A1, ie "Sheet1!E6". Is there a way to change what appears? Thks.

Fred

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink: name or cell

Hi Fred,
    Hope this is what you're looking for ...
    Go to a cell that is adjacent to your hyperlink cell (ie. A2 if the link is in A1) and use your arrow key to move to A1. Then you can use F2 to edit the contents of the cell. There may be another way to do it, but I know this works for me.
    Nelvana

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink: name or cell

Nelvana,

Exactly what I was looking for. Thks.

Fred