New Lounger
    Thanks

Open Next Message on Delete (Outlook 2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by orayzio on 13-Jan-04 08:44. Found answer.)</P>I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and either the mail reading behavior has changed since Outlook 2002... or I've accidentally changed a setting. When I open a message in its own window, I want to be able to delete the message and have the next message appear in its place. Now, when I delete a message, the window disappears and I have to double-click the next message to open it up, which is truly annoying.

Anyone know a way to change this to behave as it did in all previous Outlook versions?

... oh wait... never mind... I just found the setting under E-mail options. It was hiding in a pull-down menu at the top of the dialog box.

Thanks,
    Ray

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open Next Message on Delete (Outlook 2003)

In Outlook 2000 the menu for that option is Tools, Options, E-Mail Options, at the top of the dialog the text is "After moving or deleting an item ... " and the related drop down contains the default "Return to the inbox" which can be changed to "Open the Previous Item" or "Open the Next Item". 2003 menus should be similar. Post back if this doesn't help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open Next Message on Delete (Outlook 2003)

It's obviously not just me who has trouble remembering which of the multitude of email options pages Microsoft files things on, then.

Stuart