4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rolling Calendar (2000/SR1)

I am putting together a database to keep track of attendance. Instead of being based on a calendar year, it will be based on a "rolling" twelve month calendar. I need to be able to see the numbers of days taken off in the last 12 months. I don't want to delete the records before that and am having a hard time figuring out how to write a formula to show me just the last twelve months. I have a date field and a days field. The days field is where I need to show the total, but it needs to be based on the last 12 months. It's probably a simple thing but I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rolling Calendar (2000/SR1)

Create a query based on your attendance table. Add the fields you need, and set the criteria for the date field to

Between DateAdd("yyyy", -1, Date()) And Date()

You can use this as record source for a report, and total the days off there, or you can make the query into a totals query.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Thank you for the help. The formula as written didn't work but I changed Date() to Now() and that seemed to work OK. The name of the field is "Date", would that have anything to do with it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That may well be the cause. It is a good idea to avoid giving fields the same name as built-in functions and properties such as Date or Name.