3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Saving Things (OXP-SP2; Win ME)

The time has come to format C: and reinstall Windows and all my apps because I managed to delete OE and IE and can't recover either of them by any of a dozen different actions I've tried including restoring the system to an earlier date and repairing the installation. I'm using Mozilla and M-Mail until I complete the reinstall. I have no idea what I did to hose things up except that I do recall removing OE from the Control Panel Add/Remove Software options. I have only Windows on the C: drive plus whatever is put there by application defaults, e.g., Outlooks.pst file. I copied the entire C:WindowsApplication and Favorites folders and their contents to another drive which will not be formatted. Will this save my Address Book and Favorites? What else is included in the .pst file? I realize that I will have to reinstall all my software apps even though they are currently installed on my D: drive. Is there anything else I should be sure to save from C: before doing the fdisk thing?

All suggestions greatly appreciated and gratefully received.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving Things (OXP-SP2; Win ME)

A number of your key Outlook settings are stored under C:WindowsLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook. You will need to copy that over as well.
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving Things (OXP-SP2; Win ME)

Thanks. I'll save them, too.