5 Star Lounger
    Leesburg, Virginia, USA

Error in registry (Outlook 2003)

After installing the critical Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483) and a ZoneAlarm pro update, I rebooted and started Outlook. As Outlook was starting I got this message, "Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions" the syntax or format of the registry entry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to other extensions in the registry." I OKd the message several times and Outlook seemed to complete loading normally and work normally. I rebooted again and started Outlook and did not get the registry error message again. I am running Windows XP Pro, and do not use Exchange (single PC on a peer-to-peer network). Any idea what caused this? PS - I searched the MS Knowledge base and can not find KB832483.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Error in registry (Outlook 2003)

I can't help you with your problem, but the MSKB article can be found by typing in the address bar of your browser. This works for other KB numbers too. Here is the link: MS04-003: Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code execution.