3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

combo box list (2k)

In Excel I can have a Combobox or listbox display a list of items which DISAPPEAR from the list once the item is chosen (eliminating duplicates). This is much more eloquent than allowing a user to select a previously used item only to get an error msg later.

Does anyone know how to make such a combo box in Access?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: combo box list (2k)

I have done so in 2 ways, depends on what best suits you.

You can control the rowsource of the combo box. Make the select statement excludes options previously selected by the user, after the field has been selected requery the rowsource of the cbo which will then removed the selected item.

The other option is build a list value, on the after update event rebuild the list value excluding the item already selected.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by charlotte on 14-Jan-04 17:01. Violation of Rule 10)</P>Tony
    Thanks for the input. Can you post examples of the two methods. The concept is what I am looking for but the execution a little over my current skill set.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do a search on pick list, which is what this kind of thing is usually called. You'll find a list of previous posts on the topic.
    Charlotte