2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Saving a file as a .CSV LIST FILE (EXCEL XP)

I have a list of phone numbers that I need to enter on an excel speadsheet for FAX BROADCASTING and then save as a .CSV file. I have tried different ways of entering them on the spreadsheet and then doing a Save AS CSV file, but I continue to get the message that there may be some parts of the speadsheet that are not compatable with the CSV file format. When I go ahead and save it anyway, then bring it back up...it looks just like it did before without any commas. Can anyone guide me on the proper way to do the enteries. thanks, John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving a file as a .CSV LIST FILE (EXCEL XP)

Chances are the export went well.

In the first place, Excel will *always* warn you that features may be lost if you save a spreadsheet as a text file, regardless of whether it contains features that cannot be exported or not.

In the second place, if you open a .csv file in Excel, or double click it in Windows Explorer, it will be converted to spreadsheet format. If you want to see what the .csv file "really" looks like, open it in Notepad or some such text editor.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving a file as a .CSV LIST FILE (EXCEL XP)

Hans, thank you for the information...I will try it to insure that I'm OK...thanks again...John