robpascoe

Win ME Restore function

Does anyone have any advice on removing the Win ME Restore feature? I'm horrified to find it keeps a (slightly compressed copy of everything on my C partition, so far it's up to 1.5Gb and I'm looking at having to resize my partitions. I much prefer to do a drive image and write it to a CD ROM.
    Robyn P<font face="Comic Sans MS">text</font face=comic>

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Win ME Restore function

You can control the size of the 'Restores' folder. I think it is under the 'Properties' of the restore folder. I know it is listed in the help section. I am NOT at a Me machine at this time.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

The System Restore function has actually gotten us out of more than one jam!

To adjust the space allocated for system restore, right click on My Computer and go to the Performance tab. Click on the File System button. On the Hard Disk tab, you should see a slider for System Restore Disk Space Use. It appears to have a maximum size. I would guess it is some percentage of one's hard drive space. In my case, my C: drive is 6.4 GB and the maximum for this slider is 736 MB.

If you click on the Troubleshooting tab, you should see a check box for "Disable System Restore". Proceed, as always, with caution!

HTH.

robpascoe

Forget the previous post, I found the answer, but thanks for the input.
    Robyn

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Robyn,
    One of the nice things about a forum is the exchange of information. When one solves a problem even their own, it is nice to post the answer of the question so everone will have the fix. So would you mind in posting what answer you found.
    Thanks,

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.