Lounger
    Thanks

Word, Web pages, IE and Netscape

I teach beginning and intermediate word. The text I use had in its beginning section how to create web pages in word (I wish it had been saved for the intermeidate section, but, can't have everything). BIG caveat to my students (and it was demonstrable) that special formatting, themes, etc, might not be viewable on Netscape, but would be on IE.

I am using Navigator 4.76, and IE 5.50.4522.1800 on my home computer, and Word2000 SR-1. I created a very simple webpage <A target="_blank" HREF=http://home.pacbell.net/jtipple>http://home.pacbell.net/jtipple</A> quickly and everything showed up great on Netscape, but not on IE.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Word, Web pages, IE and Netscape

This is why I hate using Word to format for the web: the source code is extremely difficult to parse with the human eye. Even FrontPage 2000 doesn't like it all that well.

Anyway, the reason the table juts into the left margin in IE and not Netscape is that Netscape apparently does not support the negative value, or suppresses the result because it goes outside the margin:

<hr><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 style='margin-left:-152.55pt; border-collapse:collapse;mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt'><hr>
    I'm not sure there is any quick way to clean this up.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word, Web pages, IE and Netscape

What is interesting, is that IE 5.0 seems to handle it quite well.