New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook to Outlook Express (W2K, OE6)

I am migrating from oulook on my old machine to Outlook express on my new machine and was wondering if there is a way to export the Inbox, Sent files and Contacts/Address book and import to Outlook Express. I've searched Microsoft's website as well as Woody's and was not able to find any info on this which is leading me to believe it may not be possible. If you can help me I'd appreciate it and then as a service to other mere mortals I would document the procedure for Woody's board. Thanks, Ed

Thanks

Re: Outlook to Outlook Express (W2K, OE6)

If you have Outlook and Outlook Express running on the same machine, Outlook Express can import mail from Outlook. I'm not sure this is true if you simply move the Outlook data files to another machine that doesn't have Outlook. But if you import your OL mail to OE, you then could bring the OE files to the second machine.

The most often recommended site for all things Outlook Express is Tomsterdam/. There should be plenty of helpful tips there.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You need to have Outlook installed on your machine in order to be able to import into Outlook Express.
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 17-Jan-04 10:30. to remove a few too many "=" characters causing the post to be a minumum width...)</P>Thanks to all who responded to my question. I did find the information on Microsoft's website in Knowledge Base Article 176257. Here is their recommendation which i clipped from the article and pasted below for all to see. Hope this helps anyone else in the same predicament. Regards, Ed
    ================================================== ================================================== =
    How to Import PST Files
    To import messages from an existing Exchange or Outlook client PST, follow these steps.

Open Outlook Express, on the File menu point to Import, and then click Messages.
    In the "Select an email client to import from" box, click the appropriate mail client, Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook, and then click Next.
    Click Next, and then in the Profile Name box, click the Profile name from which to import the PST, and then click OK.
    In the Select Folders box, choose All Folders, or to import specific folders, choose Selected Folders, and then click the folder that you want to import into Outlook Express. NOTE: If you choose Selected Folders and want to import more than one folder, press and hold the SHIFT key and then click each folder you want to import.
    Click Finish.
    You can now view messages that were located in your Microsoft Exchange PST or Microsoft Outlook PST in the Local Folders folder in Outlook Express.