3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Updating Error (2k)

Can someone help me with the attached file?

In the frmOBJCODES when I enter a NEW Expense Num I get an error regarding the ObjCodeID.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updating Error (2k)

You have linked the main and subform on ObjCodeID. If you try to add a new record in the subform, Access will automatically fill in the ObjCodeID from the main form, or rather try to do so and fail, for ObjCodeID is calculated from ExpenseNum, and hence cannot be set directly. At first sight, I don't see how you could add a record directly in this form. You would have to add the record elsewhere, then it will be displayed next time you open the form.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans
    thanks for the input
    The idea here is to have an input form where I first enter /select a catagory (ObjCodeID) which then automatically brings up another APPROPRIATE subform or section of a subform for entering detail.
    Is there a work-around?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Use a separate form without subform for entering a new record. If you like, you can use cascading combo boxes to let the user select a category first, then an ExpenseNum within that category.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<If you like, you can use cascading combo boxes to let the user select a category first, then an ExpenseNum within that category.>

I'm trying out a demo put together by Candace Tripp as found on her website: http://www.candace-tripp.com/
    This seem to be heading in the right direction.

Thanks
    Paul