2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lost settings after upgrade from 2K to 2002 (Outlook 2002)

I upgraded from Outlook 2K to 2002. For some reason, my email password doesn't get saved even though it was entered and the save password box has been checkmarked. That means that every time I get email I have to enter the password in Outlook so outlook can download it.

I also noticed that my reminders that were migrated don't remind me when they should.

Also I found that the geniuses at MS decided that Word would be my email editor of choice. Now when I send emails that only accept plain text, the email gets bounced back to me. I found that setting and that problem has been fixed.

So the 'new and improved' Outlook isn't doing what the 'old and mediocre' and was doing just fine before the upgrade.

Are there any other gotcha's I should be on the lookout for?

Anyone with any clues as to how to fix these bugs?

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost settings after upgrade from 2K to 2002 (O

On the password, try deleting your account and re-entering it (seems to make a mockery of a migration). HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Re: Lost settings after upgrade from 2K to 2002 (Outlook 2002)

Regarding reminders not firing, there is a /CleanReminders switch that you can add to the command line when you start up Outlook. Do a search for that phrase to find further explanation and potential "gotchas."

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost settings after upgrade from 2K to 2002 (Outlook 2002)

The reminders seem to be okay now, but I still have to enter my password each time I get email because it refuses to remember my password. I did do the delete and re-add of my account and that didn't work.
    I HATE M$ UPGRADES.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost settings after upgrade from 2K to 2002 (O

The only other thing I can suggest is to replace your FAV file - kept in something like Cocuments and Settings[username]Application DataMicrosoftOutlook. I recommend you back it up - either by moving it out of the folder or changing the FAV to, say, OLD. There is normally one FAV file per account. You will need to have both "Show hidden files and folders" checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked under Start|Settings|Control Panel|Folder Options|View in order to access the file. HTH
    Gre