Thread: Icons (97)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Icons (97)

Hi,
    Does anybody know how to create and change an icon of an access database?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Icons (97)

I think <post#=217226>post 217226</post#> by Hans may get you started.
    Wendell

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Icons (97)

If interested, see attached demo database and open ICON_frm form. This form demonstrates how you can set the Access application icon and title text programatically (you set these properties "manually" in the Startup dialog). It also shows how to load a custom icon for an Access form. (If you unzip the attached file to its own folder the form icon should load when form opens - zip file includes a few icons for demo purposes.) The form allows you to browse for an icon file using the Windows common dialog (or simply enter full path of an .ico file in the textbox). When selected from dialog, the icon image is displayed on form. The second textbox is for entering application title. The application title and icon properties are set using DAO property methods. To load a custom form icon requires several Windows API functions. See modIcon code module for sample code.

NOTE: I do not use Access 97 - att'd demo was converted from A2K format - but should work OK in ACC 97, AKAIK - but I have no way of testing in ACC 97.

HTH
    Attached Files Attached Files